Search This Blog

Monday, May 21, 2007

Study Session 2: Ohio Dominican University

Where: Ohio Dominican University, Spangler Learning Center in Columbus, OH.
When: Wednesday May 16, 2007
Time: 9:00 am

Since the regular school session is over parking was a breeze for a change. I met up with a few friends who are also suffering with the PRAXIS II on June 9. Spangler Learning Center is ODU's library and I'm pretty certain it is the loudest library in the world. Not only are classes going on in this building but the instructors insist on leaving the doors wide open. There are also staff offices inside the library and they too leave their doors wide open. I know far too much about ODU's accounting department thanks to this open door policy.

On this particular day, there were a few people in the library but very few. My friends and I spent at least an hour just complaining about school, grades, teachers, tests, and everything else. It quickly dawned on me that studying with friends is a huge distraction. On the plus side, when we got focused, I printed a 150 page PRAXIS study guide on ODU's printers for free. Well, maybe not for free...my tuition bill is huge.

My friends and I made our way to the top floor's study room and found lots of helpful PRAXIS study guides. This room is in the back so it was pretty quiet...except for us.

ODU's Grade: 3.5/5
Bottom Line: Noisy

No comments: