The new year is here and it's time for me to get organized and try out some new things. I'm trying to avoid the resolutions I know I won't stick with (lose 100 lbs.) and try some things that might be more doable.
1. Cook something new each week. How lucky is my family? That all depends on how the recipes turn out!
2. Read more. I love to read and have always been an avid reader - until I had a baby. Between the baby, pets, a house, and a full-time job it's more difficult to crack open a book. My plan is to read at least one book each month. I'm a quick reader so who knows, maybe I can squeeze two books in per month. What's the first book on my list? The One I Left Behind by Jennifer McMahon. I've yet to read a bad book by Jennifer McMahon, so this one is already on my Kindle.
3. Spend more time on Pinterest. You read that right. I want to spend MORE time at that time-suck of a website. Even more so, I want to spend more time doing the things I pin. I am not a creative person, but I'm great at finding those who are a bit more inspired. I've already tried a few projects that I found on Pinterest and had fun doing it, so I want to keep that up in 2013.
4. Blog more. I need to make time for writing. My goal is to blog at least once a week.
5. Work harder at building my home baking business. I need to push myself so that I can expand my business. I would love to be able to quit my day job one of these days and bake for a living. That will never happen unless I make it a priority.
6. Get organized and stay organized! I'm sure this is a popular resolution for many of you. I can scrub floors and make toilets shine but being organized is not one of my better attributes. I want to spend a little time each week getting things organized and orderly.
What are your resolutions?