Search This Blog

Monday, December 20, 2010

Ovens, candles, wire cutters... oh my!

I have a conflict: I love make-up but I don't like clutter. Too bad for me that the two often go hand-in-hand. Many cosmetic brands put their products in cute containers that often take up too much space. What's a girl to do?

A few years ago I decided to use empty CD cases as a means to organize my makeup. I popped the eyeshadows out of their original containers and hot glued them into the CD cases. This worked out pretty well but some of the shadows caused problems with the case closing; not to mention that the cases didn't necessarily fit into my bathroom counters easily.

Now all kinds of companies make very cute magnetic makeup cases. However, the suggestions on depotting the eyeshadows is kind of frightening. Any time ovens, candles, and wire cutters are involved I have to think twice.

No comments: