Search This Blog

Friday, December 31, 2010

Makeup Review: L'Oreal The One Sweep Eye Shadow



What: L'Oreal The One Sweep Eye Shadow
Shade: Playful for Brown Eyes
The claim: Unique applicator applies 3 shades in ONE SWEEP to define, color, and highlight eyes. Given how much people struggle with those three steps (me included) there is definitely a market for this product.

Does it work? Kinda, sorta.

The good: This particular shade I bought, intended to enhance brown eyes, has a light purple, a darker purple, and a shimmery mid-toned purple. All nice shades, especially for darker eyes. This eye shadow gives a subtle look. The darkest shade showed up nicely. The applicator curved nicely with my eyes.

The bad: The back of the palette required directions on use. This was helpful but I'm of the mind set that you shouldn't need directions to use eye shadow. The lightest and mid-tone shades are really nothing special on my lids. It is difficult to see any contrast in these colors. It just looks like a purple eye. Nothing too exciting. I am not sure how well this applicator would work for Asian eyes or smaller eyes.

The ugly: Over-blending could end up in a really messy look.

Would I use this again? Sure, if I just wanted some quick color on my eyes.

Have you tried this product? What's your verdict? 

Disclaimer to keep the FTC people happy:  I purchased this item with my own money. This item retails for $8.99.




                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                    

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Do you mind if I quote a couple of your articles as long as I provide
credit and sources back to your blog? My blog is in the exact same niche as yours and my users would genuinely benefit from
some of the information you provide here. Please let me know if this okay with you.

Cheers!

my website - steinzeit rezepte