Search This Blog

Sunday, September 12, 2010

Wet N Wild iSparkle Eye Shadow Review

The Product: Wet N Wild iSparkle in Star Clusters. These shades are a shimmery light gold, a bronze, a deep brown, and a pale blue. The palette slides out to reveal a handy mirror and it comes with two eye shadow brushes. My picture only shows one of the brushes because the minute I opened the package in the bathroom, I accidentally dropped one of the brushes in the trash can. What can I say? I'm a klutz.


You guys might not know this but I can be a make-up snob but I happened to have coupons for Wet N Wild and Giant Eagle was having a sale so why not give it a try?

The Review: I put these shadows on and was surprised to find that they are well pigmented. The blue shade was not as well pigmented but to be honest, I didn't know where to put this shade so it could be user error. It kind of blended in to the bronze and got overpowered. Overall these shades looked nice with my dark eyes.

I wore these eye shadows to the grocery store and sweated pretty much all day. I did not wear any primers to help the shadow last because I wanted to see how the Wet N Wild held up alone. By bed time, the shadows had faded some but they were still mostly intact.

You can see she shades on my eyes. The shimmer is there but it is not excessive. You could wear these colors to work and not look like you should be at a rave.










  

The Bottom Line: Wet N Wild is inexpensive and has been around for ages. I remembered buying this brand when I was a teenager and not being happy with the results. Wet N Wild has come a long way. I did not expect to find strong pigments and lasting eye shadows. I'm impressed. You should also check their website out. I looked at it for this review and it's a nice site.




2 comments:

becky said...

you should see my eye makeup today hehehee... rave-a-licious! :) I like wet n wild too! (haven't used it in a long time though now that I think about it)

Jen said...

What colors is rave-a-licious? :)