Search This Blog

Saturday, January 16, 2010

Got brass in pocket

A few days ago I dug out an old coat just for a change of pace. I never wore this coat very often so it is still in good condition. Once I slid my hands into the pocket, I found a treasure trove of old goodies to share with my dear readers.


1. Bath and Body Works Cucumber Melon lotion. If you have shopped at Bath and Body Works over the years then you know just how old this label is.
2. Laerdal Face Shield. I remember getting this from a fire fighter who taught a CPR class I took while working at a child care center. This face shield is supposed to prevent you from getting cooties if you have to perform CPR. I remember the fire fighter told us a good story about a stripper who tried to sue him because he had to cut her clothes when giving her CPR after the OD'd. She didn't win.
3. $3.47 I love finding money in my pockets!
4. Subway Club Card and 5. Subway Club Card Stamps. I'll have to see if Subway still does this promo. I have a feeling they don't.
6. Cough drops and 7. Cough drop wrapper. I bet I would find cough drops in every coat pocket I own. I always have a cold.
8. Three receipts. These receipts are the best part of the entire find. All three receipts are dated from 2003 and two of them are from Big Bear. If you're from around these parts then you know it's been a while since Big Bear has been around. It was a blast from the past to say the least!
9. Cryptic piece of paper with a license plate written down. No clue whose plate number this is or why I felt compelled to jot it down.
10. Postage stamps. I always hate getting 1 and 3 cent stamps. I know I'll never use them but I feel guilty throwing the away. So what do I do? Let them fester in my coat pockets.

There you have it, folks: the contents of an old coat. So go dig out an old coat and come back and tell us what's in your pocket.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I don't know how old that stuff is, but Subway quit doing the subclub like 5 years ago.

Morning Toast said...

Give em a Big Bear hug!