Search This Blog

Sunday, August 16, 2009

Hey Peter, what's happening?

I felt like writing but I really have nothing too pressing to say. So, here's what I've been thinking about.

1. I don't like following celebrities on Twitter. When I first hopped on the Twitter bandwagon I followed Lance Armstrong. Well, I think he's a big jerk so I quit following him and I got tired of hearing about him biking through Hawaii and Paris. Poor baby. The only celebrities I follow now are the down-to-earth gents from My Chemical Romance. However, it's killing my image of rock stars. They tweet about changing diapers and their cars getting towed. Same stuff I tweet about, except for the diapers part. I need to find some 80s hair bands to follow.

2. Dream Update. Last night I dreamed that I was an undercover officer (think 21 Jump Street without Johnny Depp) and I was pretending to be a high school student but I got too caught up in getting my assignments turned in. Imagine that.

3. Book Shelf. You all know I love my vampire books. I've even read that horrid Twilight series. I'm half way through Definitely Dead by Charlaine Harris, part of the Sookie Stackhouse/Southern Vampire series and the inspiration for HBO's hit series True Blood. Now I am moving on to true crime books, which I have enjoyed reading for many years, since reading Cruel Doubt. I'm going to see if the library has While They Slept by Kathryn Harrison about the Gilley murders. Am I morbid?

4. Music Box. I've been listening to Procol Harum a lot lately and if I could have written one song it would have been Whiter Shade of Pale, even though I'm pretty sure it's just about drugs.

5. Barney! Bernard Sumner's record with his new band, Bad Lieutenant is coming out in September and I can't wait.

6. Luck of the Irish. I've been thinking about how lucky I was that my parents pretty much let me read and listen to what I wanted when I was a kid. Had they not, I'm pretty sure I would just be overly excited about the New Kids on the Block reunion tour and strictly read Cosmo. Not that there's anything wrong with that...

No comments: