Search This Blog

Sunday, June 21, 2009

What's going on in your world?

It's been a while since I posted so here is what's been happening in my world lately:

1. School's out! School is out for summer and I'm working at a preschool part-time. I have little responsibility as far as paper work is concerned and I love that. The parents are challenging but in a different way than my school parents are challenging. For example, a mom of one of the preschoolers calls several times a day to make sure that her son is okay. He is always fine. He's a happy kid, well-behaved and has fun at preschool. Mom is a school teacher too so she's off this summer. If you are that worried about him, don't stick him in day care all day when you DON'T need it.

2. Clear Mascara I was blessed with dark eyelashes that are pretty long but I love the fact that mascara can accentuate what you've been given. However, mascara almost always ends up under my eyes. Not a good look. And this is why clear mascara rocks! There is no messy residue under your eyes but you get the benefit of darkened and separated lashes with a slight extension. Go try it.

3. Knot me Brian and I visited Temptations in Dublin and learned to knit over the weekend. Lindsey and Julie were the patient teachers. I still need lots of practice and guidance but I'm getting the hang of it. Homemade Christmas presents for everyone!

4. Another One Bites the Dust Last Tuesday, was my birthday. Another year of my 30s is gone. I'm 31 now so I guess I need to get more mature.

5. Etsy Invasion By pure accident, I learned that Etsy allows people to sell their baked goods. I may be invading Etsy sometime soon. I love to bake and I'm actually good at it so I might give it a try.

5 comments:

Lindsey said...

yay! I'm glad you're getting the hang of knitting. Once you get tired of making potholders and scarves and things, I can teach you how to make circular things so you can make bracelets, hats and gloves. Dog collars. You know, whatever you're into.

Also baked goods sound awesome. Any kind any time.

Becky Gehrisch said...

Have you tried crocheting? (I find it MUCH easier... although knitting seems to have a more smooth look in the end.)

Jen said...

Lindsey: Thanks for being an awesome teacher! You'll have to teach me how to finish. I have no clue how to stop! lol

Becky: I have not tried to crochet but I do have a crochet needle that I could practice with!

Erica said...

MAKE ME CUPCAKES!

Jen said...

Next D&D night and I will make some cupcakes!