Search This Blog

Saturday, February 7, 2009

Seinfeld Moment 290,456: Can you spare a square?


Tonight I had to make a pit stop and use the potty at Target. What should have taken under 5 minutes ended up being a 20 minute adventure. First, the stall I selected lacked a functioning lock. Can't have that. So I took myself to the neighboring stall and lo and behold the lock worked. I did my business and despite there being a spot for TWO rolls of toilet paper, this stall was toilet paper free. I texted Brian. I figured he is an expert in all things related to the bathroom. he suggested that I wait until the bathroom cleared out then just (quickly) move to the next stall. The other choice being that I ask someone next to me if they can pass me some toilet paper. I had a problem asking someone for toilet paper. Not only would it be weird to have a faceless voice ask for toilet paper, I didn't want someone touching my toilet paper. Call me a germaphobe. So I went with option #1.

Once I finally got the nerve to attempt to leave the stall with my pants still down, I quickly realized a dilemma: women are quiet. Target has super industrial hand driers that actually blow your skin around. They are LOUD! So once the drier came on I couldn't tell if someone else walked in or if the person drying their hands had left because I could not hear the door open or close. Also, after drying our hands, we ladies often spend time in front of the mirror checking our make-up or teeth for food. We are very quiet as we do this. I eventually peeked out the stall door and made a mad dash to the stall next door. Luckily, no one caught me with my pants down.

No comments: