Search This Blog

Thursday, December 15, 2011

December 2011 Birchbox

I subscribe to two beauty subscription services, GoGoGirlfriend and Birchbox, which I have talked about before. I'm not sure that I want to keep subscribing to both, so I have decided that December would be the make it or break it month. With the holidays around the corner, I expected both services to turn out pretty good boxes for December. I haven't received my December GoGoGirlfriend box yet but Birchbox came yesterday. Let's take a peek.

ShowStoppers Designer Fashion Tape, $9.99 for 24 strips







Birchbox sent two of these to sample. ShowStoppers sticks to your clothes to hold them in place so you're not flashing your friends and strangers this New Years. Since my wardrobe consists of lots of denim and cotton, I will probably pass these on to someone who can use them. In fact, if you'd like these, be the first to leave a comment here requesting this sample and it's yours!

Benefit Cosmetics The POREfessional, $29 for 0.75 fl. oz.and Harvey Prince Ageless, $55 for 50 ml or $96 for 100 ml
Benefit makes great products and The POREfessional is no exception. The POREfessional will hide those unsightly pores  while providing the benefits of a velvety primer. Birchbox sent a 0.25 fl. oz. tube and this will last me a while. A little goes a long way with Benefit products.

Also in the photo is a sample of Harvey Prince's Ageless perfume. I'm not a perfume girl but this actually smells pretty wonderful. The notes are pink grapefruit, pomegranate and jasmine. Since I enjoy fruity perfumes this one is perfect for me.

Nuxe Huile Prodigieuse, $40 for 50 ml and Jouer Moisturizing Lip Gloss in Birchbox Pink, $20 for 0.21 oz.

I'm pretty excited to try this dry oil shimmer from Nuxe. You apply this to your face or body to give your skin a nice glow. You can even work a few drops into your hair for a subtle shimmer.

Jouer and Birchbox teamed up to create this lip gloss in Birchbox Pink. Birchbox Pink is a custom fuchsia. One coat gives you a nice semi-sheer pigment. If you're more daring, layer it for a more intense hot pink. I'm wearing this gloss right now and delighted to find that it isn't sticky.



EBOOST Orange Natural Energy Booster, $28 for 20 packets

Unfortuantely this is a product I will have to pass on due to my current health state. EBOOST promises a mega dose of nutrients with a tangy citrus taste. Be the first to leave a comment here requesting this sample and I will send it your way!

The verdict: I really enjoyed December's Birchbox. I might compare it to what GoGoGirlfriend sends out to make a final decision, but for now I'm keeping Birchbox.



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Looks like a nice box this month. You reviewed the contents very well and yes, I could use an energy boost.

K.