You know how it kind of sucks to go to the mail box. You know what I mean....junk mail, junk mail, bills, bills, BILLS! Right? Well, I went to my mail box yesterday and found this...
My first Birchbox had arrived!
If you're wondering what the heck I'm talking about, Birchbox is a service that lets you get make-up samples each month for a monthly or annual fee. They have a couple of pricing structures to choose from. I pay $10 per month. With the monthly option, I can cancel any time I want. You can always pre-pay for a whole year and get a slight discount. If you pay for a year, you can't cancel but you can transfer the membership. My plan is to try it for a few months to see if it is worth it.
Look at that lovely packaging. I love boxes I can reuse.
Let's get to the good part...what was in this month's box?
1. Tatcha Blotting Papers. I received three handmade sheets. I'm really excited to try this. I've been a blotting paper fan since high school.
2. Herban Essentials Orange Towelettes. I'm a messy gal, so I can always use towelettes.
3. Kate Spade Twirl Perfume. I'm not much of a perfume person so a little sample like this will last me a while.
4. Pureology Strengthening Control Zero Dulling Hairspray. This is a nice sized sample. This will last me quite a while.
5. Nuxe Reve de Miel Ultra Comfortable Body Cream. .50 oz. will do me a while. Perfect for sticking in my purse.
6. Jouer Moisturizing Lip Gloss in Glisten.You can never have too many lip glosses.
So there you have it, folks. My very first Birchbox. Overall, I'm pretty happy with this month's goodies. There are lots of brands in here that I've never tried and a good mix of products. I also have to thank Kaye over at Save Those Cents for letting me know about Birchbox. Kaye knows how much I love my make-up.
With next month's Birchbox, we're going to do a little contest so stay tuned for that!