Search This Blog

Sunday, July 11, 2010

Cosmetic Review: Avon gave me the blues

The Product: Avon Nailwear Pro in Vintage Blue
Price: $2.99

Avon makes great nail polish. They have a wide variety of colors and finishes, the color lasts, and is inexpensive. This nail polish, however, was a huge disappointment because of the color. Let's take a look at what Avon has advertised. The color (Vintage Blue) I purchased is circled in red.





It might be difficult to tell but Avon shows a silvery-blue shade that appears to have a metallic finish. This is what I got:



I got something that looks like blue sidewalk chalk. There is no metallic finish. In addition to not looking like the ad, this color goes on thick and streaky. As your resident Avon lady, let me say that Avon's products are excellent and the pictures are usually very accurate. This just isn't one of those times. Buy Avon nail polish but pass on this shade. Buy Avon's Nailwear Pro in Jade instead. When I wore that shade I was actually stopped by women in stores who were full of compliments. Take a look at Jade but keep in mind that the picture really doesn't do it justice.



What are some of your favorite nail polishes? Which ones should we avoid?



4 comments:

Anonymous said...

[color=#ffeeff]Nice post! thank you for sharing this information. jenthestudyguide.blogspot.com really got under my
[/color] [url=http://nuscin-online.info]skin,[/url] [color=#ffeeff]bookmarked... Keep up the great site...[/color]

Jen said...

I'm glad you're enjoying it! Keep coming back. I've got some new make-up reviews coming up!

SSB Jezi said...

I have the lagoon one I really like it.. I put dark blue sparkles over it and it looks great!

Jen said...

I need to try the lagoon shade then. This color I reviewed might look better with something else over it. I'll have to try that.