Search This Blog

Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Chaos at Conklin Dairy Farms


I'm not much for public protesting (I would have made a bad hippy) and I'm definitely not the violent type (that would have made me a good hippy) but I was beyond outraged by the Conklin Dairy Farm abuse video that has been in the news lately. My methods of protesting usually involve letter writing and not buying the products. The letters I can do but not buying the products might be tricky.

Despite searching on the internet, I have not been able to figure out to where Conklin Dairy Farms distributes their products. If I am going to continue consuming animal products I would rather support farms who do not abuse their animals. As a consumer, I am finding it slightly disturbing how difficult it is to find out where our food is coming from.

If you read this, I urge you not to make threats or worse, carry out those threats. Instead, contact your local media and grocery stores and hit Conklin Dairy Farms where it will hurt the most: the wallet. And be nice to your animals. In the mean time, I'm giving serious thought to a vegan diet.

"...what you did not do for one of these least ones, you did not do for me." Matthew 25:45

No comments: