Search This Blog

Saturday, March 21, 2009

Bath and Body Works My Nerves


I went to Bath & Body Works this afternoon armed with a coupon good for a free item when I spend $10 or more. Since I was fresh out of Wallflowers, I went in knowing exactly what I wanted.

The moment I walked in I was greeted by a very friendly sales associate who asked me if I was looking for anything in particular. I told her what I was there for and she directed me to the right place. About 30 seconds later, as I was looking for my Wallflower scent of choice another sales gal asked me if I was looking for anything in particular. I told her I found it, thanks. I had to do this routine the entire 45 minutes I was in the store. I was offered help SIX TIMES by the same 2 sales associates.

Everyone who helped me were all very friendly and nice. I know they are just doing their jobs but I think that offering someone assistance once or twice is plenty! At one point, a sales rep actually interrupted me from something I was looking to buy to show me another item, which I had no intention of buying. I ended up not buying either item and I just left as soon as I could get away from the over zealous sales people.

3 comments:

Brian said...

Best pictures to describe an article ever! I hate pushy salespeople, but having been in their position briefly (kinda), in some ways they can't win.

If you help the customer they complain about being pushy. If you're not around they complain that you're not helpful. Finding the balance can be tough, especially when you're bored in a B&BW. Seeing a customer these days is like seeing food on a desert island.

Jen said...

I totally do not blame the sales people at all. I blame the management because they tell them to do that. I've done customer service and I know that I would hate to bug someone 6 times. My philosophy: It's always the fault of management. :)

Unknown said...

I am a sales associate at a B&BW store and just like Jen said, it is
our managers that make us go to a customer several times. I even made a comment to one manager when I first started and told her that I as a customer HATE getting approached by sales people. So I make sure I do this as minimally as I can get away with and still keep my job.

Try complaining to Limited Brands, the company that owns them.